Tuesday, August 31
Song of the day: I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash
Today has been a lesson about sight.
It's incredible the amount of clarity and security that comes from simply seeing.
Warning Signs
I later almost ran directly into a woman who was way too old to be wearing the way too young clothes that weren't fully covering parts of her stomach, arms and mid thighs, with horrifically damaged bleached out hair, hot pink lipstick that barely sustained the weight of her dropping cigarette and a 4 inch colored tattoo of "Dopey" from the 7 Dwarfs on her right arm. Clearly this woman makes bad decisions. Back away.
Fullness
I went to pick out theatre tickets for a girlfriend and I and the box office was more than happy to share that *they* were the best way to get the best seats for your money. Beside not having to pay the service fees, they had seats that weren't offered online that gave the best view. I was excited about this and elated to find out that our tickets were second row center for a lesser price than offered. We'd be able to see every emotion on the actor's face and almost become part of the show. A theatregoer's perspective to the stage can directly correlate with the amount of they enjoy it. Front and center said we'd be able to enjoy the show to its fullest extent.
Stability
I've been worried about my job as the timelines of closing a couple potential projects continued to be extended. I work on projects; no projects equals no money. I had one big project that I'd been holding my hopes (and bank account) to, but it had now been pushed out 2 weeks. I started to share my concerns with Jason that afternoon and my downtrodden outlook to my futre when he stopped me pretty abruptly. How could I be this worried? Why hadn't I said anything early? He felt a bit blindsighted by my fears and trust. I told him it was the reality to my situation, how much longer can I wait? He then began to rattle off several projects in which my name had been attached by Christopher and himself. I hadn't heard of 3 of them before that moment. This new knowledge of a "list" , Christopher's and Jason's plan for me , and understanding that they were fully aware of my need helped me to breathe easier. Stability was around the corner, I could now see it.
Responsibility
With that list came some crazy project work that I would be responsible for; not as a junior member but as a fully participating core consultant. As I thought about the projects, I saw how much work was involved, how much gumption I would need and how much ass I would need to kick in order to deliver. Awesome and "Oh Crap" all at the same time. I'd seen the future and it looked busy.
Sight is a blessed thing.
It prepares.
It explains.
It elucidates.
And in this particular case, it calms the crazy (me).
No comments:
Post a Comment