Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fun with the ABCS

Friday, August 27 - Monday, August 30

Song of the day: I'm Only Sleeping - The Beatles and Good Life - Kanye West

I've realized that New York is very similar to Las Vegas.
Your experience and time varies greatly upon who you are with.
In my case, in who is visiting.

Reed had come just the week before and it was a very sports oriented and couple-y trip. Katie's trip had a whole different spin on it. As did Angie's, who came 4 days later. Katie's was a chic vampire's delight and we had no need for this thing humans called "morning". Angie's was the epitome of a "girly trip", complete with 2 Broadway shows, the Sex and the City tour, brunch and a pedicure. And although I've repeated a couple of the sites, I haven't come close to repeating experiences.

And, just like Vegas, what goes on there stays there so I'll only say this of Katie's and my vampire chic weekend. and in order to protect the innocent, it'll all be in alphabetical order:

- An all nighter
- An almost all nighter #2 -
- Bateaux Harbor Brunch and Crunch and Cruise (where the refined people cruise)
- Best margaritas in the world at Tolache
- Bif - the US Trustee
- Blueberry 0 Carb Monster Energy picnic
- Blueberry Mojitos by the pitcher
- Central Park Zoo (don't go!)
- Chilled Maine Lobster Salad seasoned with Tahitian Vanilla, Granny Smith Apple and Shiso
- Chocolate brownie to-go bad
- Chocolate Candy Cart
- Chocolate Gluttony
- Cooperstown Diner
- Exhaustion kicks in
- Funky Fritters
- Hudson Bar- crazy ceilings
- Hudson Hotel - absolutely gorgeous
- Hudson Private Bar bar
- Jay - the musician/lawyer
- Korean massages for everyone!
- Langosta Tacos and Beef Rib Quesadilla - incredible
- Lemon Napoleon Exotique Fruist Brunoise and Fromage Blanc Sorbet
- Long Island Duck Breast w Black Trumpet Marmalade "Fleischschneke" and Banyuls Jus
- Manjari Chocolate Palet with Tahitian Vanilla Cremeux and Salted Butter-Carmel Ice Cream
- Mid afternoon nap from 2-5:30 pm
- Pedi-cab rip off
- Pregnant or not pregnant lady? Either way, doomed relationship
- Roasted Halibut w Thumbelina Carrots, Green Asparagus and Burnt Bread Jus
- Sky Lounge
- Speedy Pasta and hot waiters at Serafina's
- Statue of Liberty
- Swedish bread basket brunch - just like mom's bread!
- Tartare of Yellowfine Tuna and Diver Scallops seasoned with Yellowstone River Caviar
- Terra Blues on Bleeker St
- The Emmies
- The Modern - pre-fixe fabulousness
- Wonjo Korean bbq

P.S. 95% of this occurred after the hours of 5:00 pm and before 7:00 am

1 comment:

  1. If I haven't mentioned it before - I love this trip recap. :-) So looking forward to being back out there!

    Think of something fun to do on Friday 10/15 when Michaelyn and I are both around? I think Roger might randomly be playing in NY that weekend, so possibly live music, or...? Who knows? We can go anywhere the evening takes us - whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete