Monday, July 19, 2010

A prayer

Monday, July 19

I Am Not Ashamed - Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir

If you haven't heard of the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, I suggest you immediately go to iTunes or Youtube and check them out. They are absolutely incredible. My mom introduced me to them about 8 years back and I remember devouring the 2 cds she had. I have since downloaded my favorite songs and they have become my morning walk and prayer. I tend to like the emotional swelling and incredibly hard to sing-a-long with ones, but if you're looking for great songs, check these out:
(almost all of these are 'Live' albums)

Song Name Album Name

I Surrender (Declare Your Name)
Oh the Cross (Declare Your Name)
I Bless Your Name (I'm Amazed)
Hallelujah Anyhow (I'm Amazed)
Bless Your Name Forever (I'll Say Yes)
Lead Me Lord (live)(Praise Him)
He's Been Faithful (The Best of Damaris)
I Am Not Ashamed (We Come Rejoicing)
My Help Psalm 121

Dear Father,

I know that it's been You to lead me here and I thank you for every moment.
I know that I don't know what's coming in the future or in my very next step, but I trust You and lean on Your promises. Thank You for giving me courage and thank You for the incredible people You've put in my life to help me in this transition. This has been so much easier than I ever thought it would be and I know it's because You've been here with me. I have no doubt that it's You, and not me, in these successes and I pray and ask for them to continue. Please help me stay clung to Your side, lead me not into temptation but deliver me from evil. New York is the land of opportunity for the good *and* bad things in life; please keep me true to myself and to You. Help me not to be ashamed of my faith and love for You in a world where I'm surrounded by people who not only disbelieve, but ridicule You and the people who call to You. Help me to be disciplined, help me to be diligent. I am not an blind Christian, I am not a blind follower; I am an educated and continuing seeker of truth, of facts and faith, and of prevailing love. Help me love You and help me stand apart. Stay by my side and remind me of Your patience and kindness.
Be with me today.

Amen

2 comments:

  1. ok....I'm listening to Brooklyn Tabernacle, "the greatest song of all" - came across the CD last night & then reading your post prompted me to put it on. thanks!

    ReplyDelete