Saturday, July 17, 2010

Death by Cupcake

New York is famous for their cupcakes, but unless you go to a place that *only* specializes in cupcakes or baked goods, beware.

I got a beautiful peanut butter cup cupcake and anxiously took it home to devour.
Let's be honest, I'm in it for the frosting.

I love sugar. LOVE it. I know it's bad for me and should be eaten in low moderation but I can't help it. I would much rather have sugary stuff than alcohol.

So I passed this place that looked like it had a decent bakery counter (Crumbs is too far away) and ordered the delightful treat I saw from the window.

I brought it home and realized quickly that it's ONLY sugar, I'm sure they labeled it dextrose, frutose, azucar, artificial flavoring 7. Shoulda been great, right? The thing was so loaded with sugar that our champion couldn't even continue. For those of you who know me, that's HUGE. For those of you who don't, let me assure you. It's a big deal for that to happen. I generally eat sugar stuff to *get* sick. That's my barometer to when I should stop.

I pushed through (such a soldier am I) but quickly just felt sick and needed my tummy rubbed.


Moral of the story - Legit cupcakes or bust

1 comment:

  1. We can try again in August. I can rub the tummy while you eat.

    ReplyDelete